Web Accessibility Statement
This website has been designed and developed to meet the requirements set forth in “Section I. Required Checkpoints” of the MSU Web Accessibility Guidelines.
There are portions of the design that do not meet the “Section II. Recommended Checkpoints” of the MSU Web Accessibility Guidelines. Specifically, visited links are not differentiated from non-visited links, relative units were not used for sizing and positioning website content, abbr and acronym elements are not used, and rich media elements are embedded using YouTube video players and the Adobe Flash plug-in.
The team who developed this website will continue to integrate new web accessibility standards as they become available.
In the development of this website, we have worked towards adding a significant number of accessibility features. These features complement the use of assistive technologies and to help make the site usable to the broadest possible audience, everyone from those who use assistive technologies to those with a low end browser or computer.
For assistance with the content and function of this site, please use the 'Contact' link at the very bottom of every page. We also provide a link back to this Accessibility page at the bottom of each page. Persons using assistive devices should contact the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities for assistive technology assistance.
Users of the JAWS screen reader: Please be aware that JAWS is designed to work best with Internet Explorer. If you are using JAWS but have selected to use another browser, JAWS may not be able to take advantage of the accessibility features provided within this application.
Note: Once you navigate outside of this site these accessibility features might not necessarily be implemented.
- In the development of this site, we followed the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) .
- For information about MSU's Web accessibility policy and related guidelines and resources, please visit webaccess.msu.edu.
Most web browsers support linking to specific pages by typing named access keys:
- Windows users
- Mozilla Firefox & Netscape: Press ALT + an access key.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Press ALT + an access key + ENTER
- Macintosh users: Press CONTROL + an access key.
All pages on this site use the following access keys for common tasks:
- S - Skip to Content
- 6 - Contact Us
- 0 - Accessibility
All pages contain a 'skip to content' link for users who use speech browsers or keyboard navigation who wish to avoid repeated groupings of links.
This site uses Cascading Style Sheets to control all of the presentation. Turning off the style sheet will affect the visual presentation and may affect the functionality of the site for some users.
Changing Text Sizes
This site uses CSS to specify font sizes. If you need to change the text size in your web browser, please refer to the following tutorials:
- Changing Text Size in Internet Explorer
- Changing Text Size in Google Chrome
- Changing Text Size in Mozilla Firefox
- Changing Text Size in Opera
Links and Images
- Necessary links were assigned 'TITLE' attributes to describe the target in greater detail. Users of assistive technology may wish to set screen reader options to take full advantage of this feature.
- Images used in this site include a descriptive 'ALT' attribute. Those images which are purely decorative or used for layout include a null 'ALT' attribute.
Submit a Report
Visits to the reporting website are not tracked. You can choose to provide your name or remain anonymous.
Anonymous calls can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Dial (800) 763-0764