Local Options for Reporting Misconduct/Guidance
If you have concerns about misconduct, you should first speak with your supervisor or unit manager. They will be in the best position to resolve issues at a local level. If you are not comfortable with discussing your concerns at the local level or your supervisor is part of the concern, MSU provides other methods for reporting misconduct. You can call the Misconduct Hotline, managed by a third party service provider, at (800) 763-0764, or you can submit a report online. No matter how you decide to make a report, you can always choose to remain anonymous when you do so.
If you suspect misconduct or a violation of University policy has occurred, you can also contact one of the offices listed below to make your concern known to MSU. The University prohibits retaliation against individuals who make reports in good faith of known or suspected misconduct.
Office of Compliance Services – (517) 432-5510
Conflicts of Interest
- Faculty Conflicts: Faculty Conflict of Interest - (517) 884-8045
- Staff conflicts: Human Resources – (517) 353-5510
Discrimination/Harassment and Relationship Violence, Sexual Misconduct, and Stalking
Human Resources – (517) 353-5510
Office of the Controller – (517) 355-5020
Medical and HIPAA
MSU Health Team – (517) 353-3000
Office of the President – (517) 355-6560
Office of the Provost – (517) 355-6550
Office of Executive Vice President for Administrative Services – (517) 355-5014
- Student information (FERPA ): Office of the Registrar - (517) 355-3300
- Employee information: Human Resources – (517) 353-5510
- Research misconduct: Research Integrity Officer – (517) 432-6698
- Employment issues: Human Resources – (517) 353-5510
- Discrimination, harassment, relationship violence, sexual misconduct, or stalking: Office of Institutional Equity email@example.com – (517) 353-3922
File a report online
- Other: Office of Executive Vice President for Administrative Services – (517) 355-5014
Environmental Health & Safety – (517) 355-0153
Infrastructure Planning and Facilities – (517) 432-0211
If you have concerns involving a student, you may contact the Office of the University Ombudsperson to confidentially discuss your reporting options. The University Ombudsperson is a confidential, informal, neutral, and independent resource for faculty, staff, and students to discuss all student-related concerns. Office of the Ombudsperson – (517) 353-8830
Submit a Report
Visits to the reporting website are not tracked. You can choose to provide your name or remain anonymous.
Anonymous calls can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Dial (800) 763-0764